Considering the fact that PTI team NA250 is doing a lot of work in the colonies area of poor people, which includes setting up Water Filtration Plants, Basic Health Units (BHUs) and Sahulat Markaz, Sasta Tandoors, Water and Sanitation improvement etc. it is imperative that the community must be involved to take ownership of these projects. Therefore a Mohalla Mobilization Volunteers Training Program has been started under the auspices of the Insaf Community Welfare Society (ICWS)
The second program of this series was done on 4th January 2014 at NA250/PS113 office in Zamzama of MPA Samar Khan which also doubles as the office of the Insaf Community Welfare Society.
This session was attended by 16 participants including volunteers from the local Jamhooria and Railway colonies.
The participants were highly motivated, enthused and excited to work as extended arm of the ICWS team in their respective colonies. Each volunteer has agreed to arrange at least one session each for men and women separately in the next ten days, with senior members of the ICWS team from their locality.
The objectives of the session were:
- Training of the Mohalla Mobilization Volunteers
- Building trainers' competencies to engage & motivate Mohalla residents to undertake work for common good
- Establish one theme to promote ICWS Sahulat Markaz, ownership by Mohalla residents & availing of services by paying token amounts, as the rest would be handled by the philanthropists of PTI.
- This token amount ensures self-respect and gives ownership to the residents.
- For example the Sasta Tandoor (five are running in NA250) supplies two Nans and a bowl of 'Daal' or 'Salan' for Rs 5 which is paid by the persons who bring their own utensils. The cost however is approximately Rs 20. The subsidy of Rs 15 is borne by the NA250 team (Insaf Welfare Trust)
Such session will be held in future for identified volunteers to act as ''Mohalla Mobilization Volunteers''. The data of all these volunteers would be maintained and updated regularly.
All these activities are carried out under a Registered Charity which is called the Insaf Community Welfare Society. Details can be seen at: http://www.na250.com/insaf_community_welfare_society
For those who want to donate please do so directly: Insaf Community Welfare Society, A/C 14478299, NIB Bank Zamzama Br Karachi, SwiftCode:NIBPPKKA IBAN:14478299 or send a cheque to: E-22, 2nd Zamzama Lane, DHA Karachi
I must thank Mr Zahid Asghar who was the trainer and point person Beenish Junejo, supported by Sairah Khalid. Mr Zahid Asghar is a very close associate of mine and top leader of our Team NA250. People like him make it all possible.
Dr Arif Alvi