The Health Committee of NA250 was formed a few months ago with the goal to improve the health situation in the entire constituency particularly in the poor localities. It is led by Dr Seema Savul Zia who is PTI MPA on reserved seats and lives in the constituency. The best way for improved health is prevention, early care, clean water, and sanitation. There are 19 Katchi Abadis which are poorly served by many government agencies (Sindh Government, Clifton Cantonment Board, Karachi Cantonment Board, KMC/DMC, Federal Government and Pak Railways).
Mr Samar Khan MPA PS113 also attended the meeting along with myself. We had also invited representatives of the Aman Foundation who are doing excellent work in Tele-Health, BHUs and Ambulance services.
The following decisions were taken:
- The lists obtained by Mr Samar Ali Khan MPA and Mr Mohsin Ali were matched and two BHUs, one in Punjab Colony and one in Bath Island were identified for screening by Dr Wardah using the tool devised by Mr Zahid Asghar.
- Once the BHUs are identified we would involve NGOs and philanthropists to improve their capacity.
- With the help and cooperation of Aman Foundation we should promote Tele-health facilities for the poor who can call in and get urgent immediate and free advice on their medical problem
- 5000 pamphlets of Aman TeleHealth to be sent by Mr Mohsin Ali will be distributed in the next two weeks along with Ramadhan packages.
- A meeting will be held with the Railway Hospital chief to see their facilities and help them start an outreach program for the City and Cantt railway colonies or to improve the program if it already exists.
Those who want to volunteer for the health committee are most welcome.
Dr Arif Alvi MNA 250