A press conference was held by the PTI Karachi Leadership including the MP's from the NA-250, Dr Arif Alvi, Khurrum Sher Zaman and Samar Ali Khan - they addressed the constant water crisis issue of the area and suggested ways to solve it
News reports :
MNA Dr. Arif Alvi said:
- KWSB is a defaulter, corrupt, inefficient and politically influenced.
- KWSB should immediately be handed over to the Rangers as a short term solution.
- Political factors are fully behind both land mafia and water tanker mafia.
- If an investigation into the bank accounts and properties of KWSB employees is conducted it would tell the real story.
MُPA Samar Ali Khan said:
- Both the PPP and the MQM miserably failed to address the water shortage issue of the city whenever they remained in power.
- Officials of the KWSB were involved in this water theft and they were making millions of rupees.
MPA Khurrum Sher Zaman said:
- Water shortage in Karachi is not a new issue.
- Why even low-paid KWSB employees had lavish bungalows in the Defence Housing Authority?
Secretary General PTI Karachi Aziz Afridi said:
- To make KWSB an independent institute, immediate action should be taken.
Leader PTI Karachi Firdos Naqvi said:
- Water is not available for the people, from where is the tanker mafia getting water from?